Corfin’s Robotic Hot Solder Dip (RHSD) equipment provides the most precise and repeatable process in the industry and is the only process qualified by the US Navy/CALCE/Raytheon TMTI study. Our industry leading 14 Corfin Robotic Hot Solder Dip lines benefit from 30 years of RHSD research and development.
Corfin equipment incorporates precision robotics that provide:
- Consistent angles and rates of immersion and emersion
- Vision alignment systems
- Dynamic flux waves constantly monitored for specific-gravity
- Inert nitrogen atmosphere that eliminates icicling and bridging
- Flat dynamic solder wave technology for even solder thickness and coplanarity
- Continually replenishing ultra-filtered rinse baths
- Multiple controls for tight regulation of temperatures.
The Corfin process integrates flux, preheat, solder dip, water rinse, and dry components in a fully robotic process that prevents risks associated with competing semi-automated or manual processes. Trim and form can also be integrated in-line with tinning.
Corfin’s machines have the most precise controls in the industry with computer-controlled variables tailored to each order and saved to ensure repeatability.
Corfin’s 14 RHSD lines and customized tooling handle tens of thousands of parts per day. Corfin also offers large volume processing for other services including trim and form, testing, bake and dry pack, tape and reel, bent lead reconditioning, BGA reballing, J-lead attach, and kitting.