Corfin is ready to provide customers with a complete solution with the following services:
- Tape & Reel. Surface mount assembly equipment enjoys high efficiency when parts are presented in carrier tape. Corfin places components in Tape and Reel in the quantities desired to satisfy immediate production demands. Custom tape requirements are readily accommodated.
- Kitting. Components are packaged in quantities and packaging that are ready to issue to the Assembly line. Kitting is often mated with trim and form and/or RHSD services and is also offered for hardware (nuts and bolts, etc.). Kits can be inventoried at Corfin Industries and partial quantities shipped per schedule or request from the customer.
- Component harvesting from PWA. An obsolete, long-lead time, or high-priced device mounted on an otherwise defective or obsolete circuit assembly can be removed, refinished, and verified for re-use by the original source, saving countless costs in redesign efforts or replacement.
- GEIA-STD-0006 Finish Replacement Qualification. The industry specification for conversion of Pb-free to tin-lead termination finishes is easily satisfied by Corfin’s process. Most customers decline the test requirements based upon confidence of Corfin’s robotic process, but testing is readily available at Corfin.
- Engineering and Compliance Support. Exotic components and challenging requirements are tackled with Corfin’s extensive library of experience and process knowledge.
- J-STD-033 Dry bake and MSL packaging. Moisture sensitive devices are processed, maintained, and packaged with great consideration of the potential damage caused by moisture absorption into the package. (See Long Term Storage Packaging below.)
- GEIA-STD-0003 and JEP160 Long Term Storage packaging. Devices anticipated to be stored longer than one year can be avoid the risk of oxidation by enhanced packaging, including thicker bags, extra desiccant, and double bag seal.
- Component marking and labeling. Devices can be identified as altered by ink dot, laser etch, and other physical marking methods, as well as relabeling of packaging, including use of barcode.