Corfin’s tight robotic controls has been extensively qualified to provide the confidence of repeatable performance. This confidence avoids the costs for testing beyond visual inspection and the loss of devices for destructive testing. However, there are some devices and critical applications that justify an enhanced level of monitoring. Corfin is ready to satisfy these requirements. Here are some of the testing services available:
- Solderability Testing. Verifies termination finishes will readily accept solder during assembly using J-STD-002 or any military test method.
- X-Ray Fluorescence Analysis (XRF). Determines the percentage and thickness of Lead (Pb) and other elements in termination finishes.
- Scanning Acoustic Microscopy (AM). Uses sound waves to non-destructively view the inside of molded packages, AM can detect delamination outside the limits of J-STD-020 to ensure a long service life free of internal corrosion.
- Fine and Gross Leak Testing. Also referred to as Seal or Hermeticity Test, this test verifies that the hermetic seal of a component is intact and typically follows trim and form and/or RHSD of a glass seal device.
- Ionic Contamination Testing. Detects ionic contamination on the part that can cause current leakage between leads.
For more information, please click here to download our Services Brochure.